John Geysen, a blogger for Collette Vacations, went on the Italian Vistas Tour and comprised his Top 10 Highlights. What are your favorite things to see and do in Italy?
- Visit the once buried city of Pompeii. Enjoy a fascinating tour into the daily life of an ancient Roman city in the shadow of Vesuvius.
- Dine on magical Isola dei Pescatori, accessible only by boat.
- Explore the Amalfi Coast, where the Mediterranean Sea and mountains meet.
- Sail to the enchanting Isle of Capri.
- Take a guided tour of Classical Rome that features the ancient Colosseum. Plus, enjoy a full day at leisure in Rome to explore on your own.
- Explore Florence’s Academy Gallery and see Michelangelo’s monumental figure of David.
- Spend two nights in the romantic city of Venice.
- Walk in the footsteps of great Italian Masters while exploring Florence with a local guide.
- Indulge in a wine tasting and regional lunch in one of Tuscany’s great wineries.
- Stop in the famous Swiss lakeside resort of Locarno.